More to come — keep checking the website for details!
‘FRIDAY 10 JUNE 2011:
- Opening night ’5 Minutes of Infamy’ Friday 10 June: 5pm – 7.30pm Registration, Acknowledgement of Country and official Camp Betty opening, live tunes by ‘The Oscars’ and a soup dinner. Then from 7.30pm you’ll hear from 15 speakers, each with 5 mins each, with loads of passion to inspire and ignite your imagination on Queer Art, Ideas and Action. It’s a taster and teaser for the weekend ahead. Just $5 entry or free with registration.
- For a little late night fun, get along to JELLY WRESTLING from 11.00pm, at a venue to be announced.
SATURDAY 11 JUNE 2011:
- Policing Panel – information on & experiences with the police system – 10.00AM
- Diversity of Femme Panel – 2.30PM
- Panel on: Queer sexuality, radical action & electoral politics – 4.00PM
- Workshops/discussions on: Sex and disability; Intersex 101; Queer refugee rights; Violence in queer/alternative communities; and Stripper School! More to be confirmed in full Program.
- Hear Me Raw – Trans, Intersex & Cis Women Speak: spoken word evening 5.00PM – 7.00PM
- Blue Betty party: 9.00PM til late…
SUNDAY 12 JUNE 2011:
- Panel on: Inclusion & exclusion in queer spaces – 11.30AM
- Panel on: Beyond consent? Pleasure, danger and sex – 2.30PM
- Workshops/discussions on: Fat/size positivity and politics; workshop/meeting for people of colour; end to the pathologisation of Intersex, Sex and/or Gender Diverse people; reclaimed rubber/leather and DIY sex toys; and more to be announced in the full Program.
- Mad Hatters’ Tea Party – 4.00PM. Skillshare/discussion for people who have had experience of mental health issues, non-neurotypicality or interactions with the medical/psychiatric system – over afternoon tea. Silly hats encouraged!
- POC The Mic – People of Colour spoken word & hip hop night (everyone welcome) – 7.30pm
MONDAY 13 JUNE 2011:
- Panel on: Sex work & activism – Monday 13 June, 10.00AM
- Workshops/discussions include: Artist & Activist Run Initiatives (AARIs); and Poly Positive, more in full Program.
- Picnic and Zine & DIY Fair – 12.30pm – 5.30pm.
The festival closes Monday night with a wrap-up and debrief session at the Red Rattler from 6pm – 8pm.’